'So Beautiful' - An Antique Look!

Hello!
The theme this month is Antique, and I have to admit I struggled! All things vintage and sepia tones are not my natural 'go to' themes or colours, so this was a tricky one. However.....it's always good to stretch your creativity, so in the end I came up with this...
I've used lots of layers of cardboard, glassine paper and Kraft paper to give a nice 3D look...
As well as ink, I used tiny splatters of opaque vanilla embossing  powder to add detail..
Lots more powders used on the piece too! I used a mixture of gold satin pearl, vintage champagne, earthtone pepper and opaque vanilla on a wooden flourish...
I also created a rose using a fabulous mould, and a combination of Melt It, vintage champagne and gold satin pearl powders!
The result is a gorgeous creamy colour, with pale gold accents and a teeny touch of glitter!
I also gave an old key the embossing powder treatment, opaque vanilla again with some gold satin pearl on top...
The pattern you can see on the above picture is also embossing powder. I sponged embossing ink through a stencil, then used clear gloss ultra fine to emboss. This gives the subtle, yet shiny look.
Even the cord behind the key didn't escape the embossing treatment....
Gold satin pearl powder on there too!
Being out of my comfort zone for this turned out to be great fun....I am definitely going to use that colour combo of powder on metal again, love it!
Have a great day,
Trish xxxx

WOW powders used:
Clear Gloss Super Fine
Gold Satin Pearl Regular
Vintage Champagne
Melt it
Earthtone Pepper Regular
Opaque Vanilla White Regular
Mould used: 
Shabby Rose






Comments

  1. stunning work trish - this is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Trish, the use of embossing powder combos look terrific with the Kraft & cardboard. Adore the image & "treatment" of flourishes, key & cord. Particularly yummy is the vanilla.
    You should do this look again for sure, fabulous :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment