Keep Calm... with Jen Matott

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and it is a cause that is near and dear to me. My mother-in-law and aunt are both breast cancer survivors of 10+ years!  I recently lost a classmate that was the same age as me to breast cancer.  Even though I had not talked to her in many years, it hit home how awful this disease is and devastating it is to families, friends, and colleagues.  We need to raise money to help fight cancer!  I bet each of you know someone who as battled, is battling or lost the battle to breast cancer!  So, as a tribute to those individuals, I made a plaque to remind us all to keep calm & journey on!  It's a journey to carry on, fight or just give support to those that are facing a challenge like this.
I used some of the WOW stamps from the "Simply Amazing" set.  This is the cameo on the ribbon.  I stamped the silhouette on a piece of patterned paper with Faber-Castell's Stamper's Big Brush Pen and then stamped the frame with VersaMark and used Metallic Silver Regular.  I cut out the frame and glued it to the ribbon with a stick pin holding the ribbon (symbolizing the support for breast cancer awareness).

On the plaque, I stamped the words and ampersand.  The words are embossed with Bright White powder. 
I used Faber-Castell DMC Gelatos to create the drippy color and the embossed areas acted as a resist.










Comments