Scor-Tape and Embossing Powders


Hi, it's Gini and I have a rather girly card to share with you today. Sometimes, it can be a little scary, figuring out how to use patterned papers with detailed scenes or graphics, but you just have to jump in and not worry too much about covering over some of the gorgeous designs. Although it is very layered, I still kept a light and airy feeling by using transparencies, vellum and sheer ribbon for my layers.
Here is a close-up, where you can see the layers a little better.


I used the new Spellbinders Marvelous Squares, and cut two layers from WorldWin Papers vellum. Next, I cut a layer using Scor-tape, and then attached one side of the sticky to my vellum, and then removed the backing paper and sprinkled it with Wow Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White Regular). I heat set the powder, and it gives a nice distressed appearance, as the adhesive heats up, and crackles a bit.
I assembled my card, and added the cardstock lady from Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue collection, a few flowers and a lovely May Arts Ribbon Bow (350 5/8"x50y SHEER/RUFFLE EDGE - 350-58-17). I inked the edges of the Webster's Pages background with Tattered Rose Distress ink.
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments