Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some tabs so that I would be able to stick the flaps together neatly. I embossed the circle heart from the Wow "Is It A Bird" stamp set around the edges using Silver Pearl Embossing Powder and scored all of the required lines so that it would fold together.


STEP TWO

On a Dark Grey Pearl card, I stamped and heat Embossed Wow "Brocade" stamp twice using Silver Pearl Embossing Powder. Cut these two pieces out.
STEP THREE

Using pearl silver card, I stamped the frame from Wow "Simply Amazing" stamp set and heat embossed using Silver Embossing Powder. I then created the text within the frame using the Wow Embossing Pen and Black Ebony Embossing Powder. I used super fine embossing powder for the text as there was quite a lot of small details. Cut around the frame but leave space either side for ribbon slits - see the images below!






MAKE UP THE BOX LID
I attached the two pieces of dark grey embossed card to the lid using double sided tape. I threaded dark grey ribbon through two slits either side of the frame and then through two slits within the box lid and secured neatly on the inside of the box lid. Add some foam pads to the back of the frame to lift it. I used double sided tape on the tabs and made the up the box.


 I created a guide so I can easily see which stamps are within each case.



I might decorate the rest of the box at a later date but at least for now, my stamps are protected from the sunlight! :D Now all of my stamps are all together and quick and easy to use. I still keep the large single stamps on their transparent backing all together in a single DVD case rather than within the separate packets that they came in (the CD cases aren't large enough but the extra large stamps are easier to peel off a flexible backing anyway so this works out well).

Here's a list of the Wow products that I used:
Wow "Is It A Bird" stamp set
Wow "Brocade" stamp set
Wow "Simply Amazing" stamp set
Silver Pearl Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Powder
Black Ebony Embossing Powder
Wow Embossing Pen




Pop over to the Wow Embossing Powder website for other fabulous colours... Happy Embossing!


Comments

  1. Your fancy posh stamp box just got better! Love it :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't want to keep your stamps hidden if they were all neat and tidy like this. Really useful storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love these colours and it's such a fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works brilliantly and looks beautiful:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in person and it is absolutely gorgeous! I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your kind comments. :D It's amazing how much quicker and easier it is having this stamp storage box... and the guide on the side is so handy as it reminds me of all the stamp options available so I can quickly decide which stamp would be just right for my project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - what a clever idea - I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea to use CD storage to hold stamps Sarah, and love the lid you made to put over the top, so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job, I would never have thought to store my stamps in the plastic CD cases. I might have to borrow this idea and then make a beautiful box to store them in. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful storage box Sarah ❤ it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good idea! Love the style and colour. How did you make the guide on the side, it's brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looked like a good idea. The lid was really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic idea! Storage is always such a challenge, and you met it to the max with a beautiful art piece to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having problems with your salary during the COVID-19 Virus Pandemic? Let us help you, just as always. We are proud to do the job here, bringing help to those who needs it.
    Be careful anytime you are buying cc or dumps etc from, i was searching for a legit vendor before after been ripped so many time until i met someone who was recommended by Admin of a carding forums
    They sell the following Fresh good Dumps+ pin, Different Countries CVV, Fullz,, SSN DOB, Social Media Profiles Boost, Banks logins, Paypal with G-talk verified, Ebay, Amazon accounts logins, bestbuy, all kinds of shops account available, RDP, Mailers PHP,Best Leads. EMV Software Reader Writer all are available, etc CC Format we selling are:|Card #|Exp. Date|CVV/CVV2|First Name|Last Name|Street|City|State|Zip Code|Country|Phone|Type Of Card|Bank Name|

    They are among the best, legit left in the world they gave me my biggest cash out in cc and dumps till date, i advise you to get your tools ready and have a good setup if you want to get success in your transaction
    you can reach them on below contacts

    Email: jdenterprises@qualityservice.com
    gary.jones00222@gmail.com
    hark212@hotmail.com
    Telegram: https://t.me/validvendors
    icq: chat- 711343039
    Your financial solutions, stop stressing in silence
    Thank me later

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment