Boxed Off

Hi Everyone
This month is anything but a card using flock.
I decided to make a box for a present incorporating the above.  Last month I had the pleasure of going to the WOW HQ with fellow DT's and we did a technique with foil, flock, embossing powder and double sided sticky sheets.  I loved this technique and so I have replicated it for the box embellishments.


Firstly I painted my box with white gesso.  Then using black cardstock attached double sided sticky sheets to it leaving one side with the film on.  Then I ran them through the big shot with spellbinder dies.

I then peeled off the backing (keep this for a further project with alcohol inks) and then used a leaf metal stencil and placed this over the sticky.  The WOW technique came next.  Get a stencil -I chose a Dreamweaver leafy stencil and put it down on the sticky side.  Take the different foils, I chose pink and dark blue and rubbed this into the stencil.  When pulled away some of it stays in the stencil crevises.  After that I used sky blue flock and rubbed this over the stencil, putting back in the pot what I didn't use. 

I then peeled the stencil off and sprinkled lagoon embossing powder over the pattern. The embossing powder stuck to the areas hidden by the stencil.  I then used a heat gun lightly over the cut outs and the embossing powder melted and formed ridges in the pattern. I then covered it with bright white embossing powder to give it a vintage look.



I then finished off with a pearl brad.



I then used the new summer distress inks around the edges.





Happy crafting this week

Sue

Comments

  1. Wow! Love the layering of the different types of powder and flock and foil - very effective and pretty. Thanks for sharing :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this technique too Sue. You've used it wonderfully here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect you have achieved here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab! You can use this technic on all your crafts it will be very pritty on cards too! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment