A fun background technique with embossing powders and adhesive dots


Hello and a warm welcome from the Netherlands!
Today I want to share with you a fun idea to create awesome backgrounds using Embossing Powders and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L  E-Z Dots®Permanent.
I really love this teachnique to create a "grungy" background. The adhesive works so well with the powders.
First I covered a tag with the E-Z dots.

Then I sprinkled different colors of WOW! Embossing Powder on top.There is no need to heat between colors just make sure to tap of the excess powders very well before adding another color.


When all of the adhesive is covered heat the embossing powder until it all has melted. The texture will look even better once heated.


After that I sprayed the entire tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to color the background. The embossed parts work as a resist and the paint will not stick there.
Here are some close-ups and  the final result:


Thank you for joining me today!
Wishing you a sunny and creative summer!
Happy crafting!

Comments